November 16, 2008
Military seeks input on Hawaiian matters
Meetings set for draft consultation plan on 4 islands this week
Meetings are scheduled to begin this week across the state to seek comment from the Hawaiian community on the draft U.S. Department of Defense Hawaiian Consultation Protocol.
When finalized, this draft document will provide guidance to DOD military and civilian personnel on their consultation responsibilities to Native Hawaiians, the state Office of Hawaiian Affairs said in a press release.
The draft protocol can be seen at www.denix.osd.mil/portal/page/portal/denix/environment/NA.
The meetings will be held:
- Tomorrow: 3 to 4:30 p.m., Cameron Center Auditorium, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. RSVP with OHA Maui office at 808-873-3364 or email@example.com.
- Tomorrow: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Paukukalo Hawaiian Homes Community Center, 657 Kaumuali’i St., Wailuku. RSVP with OHA Maui office at 808-873-3364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Kawananakoa Hall, Kau’i Room, 156 Baker Ave. in Keaukaha, Hilo. RSVP with OHA Hilo office at 808-920-6418 or email@example.com.
- Wednesday: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Kealakehe High School Cafeteria, 74-5000 Puohulihuli St., Kailua, Kona. RSVP with OHA Kona Office at 808-327-9525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday: 3 to 5 p.m., Queen Lili’uokalani Ko’olaupoko, 46-316 Ha’iku Road, Kane’ohe, RSVP with OHA Native Rights, Land and Culture Hale at 594-1765 or email@example.com.
- Thursday: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Boardroom, fifth floor, 711 Kapi’olani Blvd., Honolulu. RSVP with OHA Native Rights Land and Culture Hale at 594-1765, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday: 6 p.m., Lihu’e Neighborhood Center, 3353 ‘Eono St., Lihu’e. RSVP with OHA Kaua’i office at 808-241-3390 or email@example.com.